VMware Cloud Community
MattHumphreys
Contributor
Contributor

VMCPFunctions No Longer Updating GUI

So strange one, we have been using VMCPfunctions module for a while to automate some settings changes we need to accomplish updates on a hyperconverged platform and then revert the changes back to normal production operation.

Now this was working just fine but recently I have noticed that the settings in the GUI no longer revert to their original position, we query via powerCLI and they are showing as set correctly to what we expect.

The GUI however has everything disabled as though we were in the middle of the change.

I cant seem to resolve this issue and get them to at least display correctly on the web interface.

I have tested this by changing the GUI and then querying:

$cluster.ExtensionData.Configuration.DasConfig.DefaultVmSettings.VmComponentProtectionSettings.VmStorageProtectionForAPD.ToString()

I get the answer back I am expecting either restartConservative or disabled but if I set it via the script the above returns the value I expect but does not show anything but "disabled" in the GUI.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

This sounds more like an issue with the Web Client.
I suggest opening an SR

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
MattHumphreys
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah its certainly very very odd, you use the VCMP module to query it and it returns the expected values but the GUI still shows disabled, you modify a value using the GUI and query it and it returns the expected value.

I will raise a SR and see what they say.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MattHumphreys
Contributor
Contributor

Found the problem, I was missing a mandatory parameter, as soon as I added it everything worked correctly.

0 Kudos