VMware Cloud Community
C_R_M
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VI Powershell ToolKit will not install

I was running VI PS toolkit version 1.0 on a server 2k3 machine and decided I wanted to upgrade the latest version however after downloading and running there was a dialog saying anupgrade would occur but after about 1 hr the install had not completed.

I observed VMware-Vim4PS-1.5.0-142961.exe and two msiexec.exe's in the task manager.

I rebooted and tried again with the same symptoms.

I then uninstalled version 1.0 without error and triedtorerun VMware-Vim4PS-1.5.0-142961.exe and a dialog said it would install but then again the install did not finish.

Did I miss a prerequisite or something? Any help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Any clues in the application eventlog from msiinstaller ?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Any clues in the application eventlog from msiinstaller ?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

For cases like these you can file a support request.

C_R_M
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The event log and task manager showed msiexec was hanging. There was another app trying to startup an install for completion on reboot. Once I cleared out that install powershell was able to reboot. Also I would warn to be patient with the installer as one you tell the installer to continue /agree to the licsense to me it seemed to take 5-10 minutes before there was any further indication the installer was continuing. I very nearly killed msiexec on a seperate system as I thought it was hanging there also... Perhaps a processing dialog would be usefull (although i do Loath them!)

Thanks!

0 Kudos