Automation

View Only
  • 1.  VI Powershell ToolKit will not install

Posted Mar 12, 2009 03:44 AM

I was running VI PS toolkit version 1.0 on a server 2k3 machine and decided I wanted to upgrade the latest version however after downloading and running there was a dialog saying anupgrade would occur but after about 1 hr the install had not completed.

I observed VMware-Vim4PS-1.5.0-142961.exe and two msiexec.exe's in the task manager.

I rebooted and tried again with the same symptoms.

I then uninstalled version 1.0 without error and triedtorerun VMware-Vim4PS-1.5.0-142961.exe and a dialog said it would install but then again the install did not finish.

Did I miss a prerequisite or something? Any help?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: VI Powershell ToolKit will not install
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 12, 2009 08:03 AM

Any clues in the application eventlog from msiinstaller ?

• 3.  RE: VI Powershell ToolKit will not install

Posted Mar 17, 2009 04:15 PM

The event log and task manager showed msiexec was hanging. There was another app trying to startup an install for completion on reboot. Once I cleared out that install powershell was able to reboot. Also I would warn to be patient with the installer as one you tell the installer to continue /agree to the licsense to me it seemed to take 5-10 minutes before there was any further indication the installer was continuing. I very nearly killed msiexec on a seperate system as I thought it was hanging there also... Perhaps a processing dialog would be usefull (although i do Loath them!)

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: VI Powershell ToolKit will not install

Posted Mar 16, 2009 05:26 PM

For cases like these you can file a support request.