VMware Cloud Community
bvi1006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCenter Server is unable to decrypt passwords stored in the customization database

Hi,

I am using the following in a script to build a new vm. I am copying the original customization spec, then modifying it.

Get-OSCustomizationSpec -name $custom | New-OSCustomizationSpec -name $servernametemp -type NonPersistent -ErrorAction stop

Get-OSCustomizationNicMapping -OSCustomizationSpec $servernametemp | Set-OSCustomizationNicMapping -ipmode UseStaticIP -IpAddress $ipaddr -subnetmask $NETMASK -DefaultGateway $gateway -dns $dns1 -ErrorAction stop

Set-OSCustomizationSpec $servernametemp -Domain domainname -DomainUsername $username -DomainPassword $userPassword -ErrorAction stop

When I try to create a new vm using the new spec, I get the following message:

pastedImage_9.png

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bvi1006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found this link in which changing the -Type to Persistent fixed the problem. Who knew?

The vCenter Server is unable to decrypt passwords stored in the customization specification.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bvi1006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found this link in which changing the -Type to Persistent fixed the problem. Who knew?

The vCenter Server is unable to decrypt passwords stored in the customization specification.

0 Kudos