VMware Cloud Community
wolficool
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA API Password expiration settings

Hello,

i want to change in the VCSA API the global Config Password expiration settings - Password expires to No. (Attachment 1)

I see in the API Explorer the following - see Attachment 2

But i dont really find were i can set the Config over Get-CisService???

I have just found Get-CisService -Name 'com.vmware.appliance.local_accounts.policy , but there i see not that i can change these Config??

Any Suggestions??

Thx

Walter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Your 1st screenshot shows the password expiration setting for the root account of the VCSA.
The REST API in your 2nd screenshot shows the REST API call to modify the local accounts' password policy.

To change the root password expiration you use a command at the VCSA console (chage -l root)
Since the VCSA is also running the VMware Tools, you could do that via Invoke-VMScript

There is, afaik, no REST API to achieve the same.

Which vSphere version are you running?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Your 1st screenshot shows the password expiration setting for the root account of the VCSA.
The REST API in your 2nd screenshot shows the REST API call to modify the local accounts' password policy.

To change the root password expiration you use a command at the VCSA console (chage -l root)
Since the VCSA is also running the VMware Tools, you could do that via Invoke-VMScript

There is, afaik, no REST API to achieve the same.

Which vSphere version are you running?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
wolficool
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thx LucD.

Then i will try these over Inovke-VMScript.

VCSA is Version 8.0.0.10100 Build 20920323 

0 Kudos