VMware Cloud Community
SurajVMware
Contributor
Contributor

Utilize the following command: Get-VM | Select Name,@{N="Tags";E={((Get-TagAssignment -Entity $_ | s

Reporting since upgrade to 7.02 has changed and caused our reporting metrics to be inaccurate.
Utilize the following command: Get-VM | Select Name,@{N="Tags";E={((Get-TagAssignment -Entity $_ | select -ExpandProperty Tag).Name -join ",")}}, NumCPU, MemoryGB, ProvisionedSpaceGB | Export-Csv This is to get per VM: tag assignment, CPU, Memory, and Hard Drive provisioned space.

Prior to our update it was reporting properly per VM. Since the update, the provisioned space on the VM has been inaccurate. Example: Name Tags NumCpu MemoryGB ProvisionedSpaceGB PRIOR: vwsdbspdailr01 DAIL 2 6 121.296875 AFTER: vwsdbspdailr01 DAIL 2 6 241.71875 This particular server has 2 HDD, one 80GB and one 40GB. For a total of 120GB.
I have noticed that almost all our VMs are now reporting similar inaccurate amounts.

To this point, I believe I understand why there is extra "provisioned space" due to overhead, however our reporting is needed for the provisioned HDD space to the VM and not to vSAN. Since the update, can you provide a new metric to report on or how this can be remediated?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Do you see the same inaccurate number in the Web Client?
Is this on a VSAN datastore?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos