Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Use New-HVEntitlement to add an AD group

Posted Jul 17, 2019 09:48 PM

I've scripted my pool creation however I'm trying to add the entitlements and I can only get New-HVEntitlement to add users, not groups. If I run

PS> New-HVEntitlement -User "user@domain.internal" -ResourceName "Staging"

1  resource(s) will be entitled with UserOrGroup:  user@domain.internal

But when I try adding an AD group I get

PS > New-HVEntitlement -User "horizon-administrators@domain.internal" -ResourceName "Staging"

Unable to find specific user or group with given search parameters

or

PS > New-HVEntitlement -User "domain.internal\\horizon-administrators" -ResourceName "Staging"

Unable to find specific user or group with given search parameters

I've tried all combinations of the domain name, slashes, @'s and always get the same error. However from the GUI I can clearly add this group and it works. I've even tried using the same syntax (what is listed above with the slashes) that the GUI shows when I add it. I'm at a loss of if this is a bug or if I'm simply not using the correct syntax for the command. I'm running Horizon 7.9 (I updated from 7.8 to see if that made a difference) and PowerCLI Version

----------------

VMware PowerCLI 10.1.0 build 8346946

---------------

Component Versions

---------------

VMware HorizonView PowerCLI Component 7.1.0 build 8827468

VMware Cis Core PowerCLI Component PowerCLI Component 10.1 build 8377811

VMware VimAutomation VICore Commands PowerCLI Component PowerCLI Component 10.1 build 8344055

• 2.  RE: Use New-HVEntitlement to add an AD group
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2019 10:36 AM

You have to use the Type parameter.
    The default value for Type is 'User', hence the "Unable to find ..." message

New-HVEntitlement -ResourceName MyPool -Type Group -User domain\group

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.