VMware Cloud Community
ganapa2000
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sum of Flat Disks and RDM separately

Hi,

I would like to modify the below script to know, total size of (Flats) Disks  and and RDMs individually.

Get-VM | Get-HardDisk |

Select @{N='VM Name';E={$_.Parent.Name}},

@{N="IP Address";E={@($_.Parent.guest.IPAddress[0])}},        

@{N="VM PowerState";E={@($_.Parent.PowerState)}},

@{N="CPU Count";E={@($_.Parent.NumCPU)}},

@{N="MemoryInGB";E={@($_.Parent.MemoryGB)}},

@{N="Capacity";;E={$_.CapacityGB}},

Example :

VMName     IP Address     VM PowerState     CPU     Memory     Capacity     RDM

TEST1         10.10.10.10     Powered On          2          4               80              100

Please help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sajal1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would say, use two different variables, $flatcapacity (to hold flat disk capacity) and $rdmcapacity (to hold the rdm disk capacity). Next use the following property to identify whether the disk if a flat or rdm disk

Get-VM | Get-HardDisk –DiskType 'RawPhysical'

This is the way we can achieve this. Please let me know if you need any help in the script. The points I can see that you need to keep in mind, create a loop and calculate the values, check whether there are multiple RDM disks and calculate them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sajal1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would say, use two different variables, $flatcapacity (to hold flat disk capacity) and $rdmcapacity (to hold the rdm disk capacity). Next use the following property to identify whether the disk if a flat or rdm disk

Get-VM | Get-HardDisk –DiskType 'RawPhysical'

This is the way we can achieve this. Please let me know if you need any help in the script. The points I can see that you need to keep in mind, create a loop and calculate the values, check whether there are multiple RDM disks and calculate them.

0 Kudos