VMware Cloud Community
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRS Enabled

Hi,

I have requirement to find out if Dell EMC Secure Remote Service (SRS) is enabled on a VxRail cluster using powercli.

How can I get this info?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not sure where you got that from, but that is not what Basic authentication with a user and password is about.
A good example is the 1st snippet in REST API call with Basic Authentication in Powershell

But since I have no experience with the REST API on vxRail, I can not help you further than that I'm afraid

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Perhaps by asking on the Dell VxRail community.
The vXRail.API modules can probably help or else use a direct REST API call.

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

However this information can be seen in vSphere client as shown below:

Pilu1978_0-1610437566738.png

is it not possible to retrieve this information using powercli?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not that I know off, I suspect that info is coming from a plugin in the Web Client

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi LucD,

As per your advice I have checked with Dell VxRail community and they have given the following API to get the SRS details:

Pilu1978_0-1610534891850.png

I tried using the following but failing every time. I have tried using [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = "tls12" to fix this issue but it is still giving same error.

Pilu1978_1-1610535057422.png

I actually do not know how to call API using powercli even not sure if I am doing it correctly. If it required authentication if yes then how to provide that. Please help.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Well, the screenshot of that page describing the APi does say that you need to add Basic authentication.
That is normally done through the Headers parameter on the Invoke-RestMethod cmdlet.

Btw, this has nothing to do with PowerCLI and is a pure PowerShell and REST API thing.

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for reply.

After googling I found the following which tells me how to create a header object:

Pilu1978_0-1610537859591.png

But one confusion. How to get the token. I have the credential for VxRail manager. How do I use that in the header? Please help.
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not sure where you got that from, but that is not what Basic authentication with a user and password is about.
A good example is the 1st snippet in REST API call with Basic Authentication in Powershell

But since I have no experience with the REST API on vxRail, I can not help you further than that I'm afraid

0 Kudos