VMware Cloud Community
jvlach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SIOC settings

I have seen scripts to check for SIOC or enable SIOC, but what about a script to pull all the SIOC settings?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already check my Get-Sioc function from my Automate SIOC post ?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
jvlach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have a script in place to pull info on datastores, I was hoping to expand on what we already have in place. I just need help with the syntax to get SIOC added to the $row line.

$VMCount = ($ds | get-vm -server $conn | where { $view = $_ | get-view; $view.config.ftinfo -eq $null -or $view.config.ftinfo.role -eq 1 } | measure).Count

$row = "" | Select-Object -Property vCenter, Cluster, Name, Type, CanonicalName, CapacityMB, MaxCapacityMB, VMSizeMB, VMCount, FreeSpaceMB, ActualFreeSpaceMB

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Sorry, not sure what you want here.

My Get-Sioc function retrieves all the info.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
jvlach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

In this link there are six properties listed for Data Object - StorageIORMInfo. What is the syntax to get all of these settings into a script for datastore setting retrieval?

I copied the documentation page below:

congestionThresholdxsd:int

The latency beyond which the storage array is considered congested. 

If storage I/O resource management is enabled on a datastore, the algorithm tries to maintain the latency to be below or close to this value. The unit is millisecond. The range of this value is between 5 to 100 milliseconds. 

congestionThresholdModexsd:string

Mode of congestion threshold specification For more information, see  StorageIORMThresholdMode  

Since vSphere API 5.1
enabledxsd:boolean

Flag indicating whether or not the service is enabled. 
percentOfPeakThroughput*xsd:int

The percentage of peak throughput to be used for setting congestion threshold of a datastore. Valid values are between 50 to 100. Default value is 90% 

For more information, see  congestionThreshold  

Since vSphere API 5.1
statsAggregationDisabled*xsd:boolean

Flag indicating whether stats aggregation is disabled. 

Since vSphere API 5.0
statsCollectionEnabledxsd:boolean

Flag indicating whether service is running in stats collection mode. 

Since vSphere API 5.0
0 Kudos