VMware Cloud Community
Paulk99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Reporting code..

Hi All

Struggling a little with a requirement here. any assistance appreciated.

We are building a report to do help us with capacity management. While we have lots of tools and all are very useful none really dump out the right level of data for Management and they are all in different formats (CSV / TXT / PDF Screen grabs in some cases where nothing reports as needed !!).....

So I'm trying to return via PowerCLI the per cluster values for, Cluster Total Capacity \ Used Reservation and Available Reservation as shown in the attached (we do a lot of "Assign all guest memory locked" don't ask me why...)

As attached.

Any thoughts on this would really appreciate a couple of snippets to set us on our way..

Many thanks for anyone who can identify this little PowerCLI nugget for me cos i cant find it !!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
Paulk99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mr Luc sir looks very good. Loving your work...!

Certainly something to get stuck in to tomorrow.

I assume these are the appropriate values..?

RPMemReservationConfiguredMB = [math]::Round($rp.Config.MemoryAllocation.Reservation/1MB,0)

RPMemReservationUsedMB = [math]::Round($rp.Runtime.Memory.ReservationUsed/1MB,0)

RPMemReservationAvailableMB = [math]::Round($rp.Runtime.Memory.UnreservedForPool/1MB,0)

One thing to add, we are not using resource pools. Just the native 768 GB available per host and the overall CPUs available.  (does the above still apply..?) 

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Yes, but note that these values are per ResourcePool.
If you want the numbers on the Cluster level, you will have to summarise over all the ResourcePools in the Cluster

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos