i recently had a few network changes within my lab environment and i have to decrease my amount of uplink ports on my dvswitch from 7 to 4. i removed the physical nics from the dvswitch but now im left with 3 unused dvUplinks. when i try to reduce the amount of uplinks from the edit settings window on the dvswitch i get a "resource 1707 is in use on host x.x.x.x"
does anyone know how else i can remove the unused dvuplinks from my dvswitch.
6.0 vcsa, dvswitch 5.5 (didnt notice until now, will upgrade to 6.0)
Ok, now I have a clear picture of the issue.
Your Uplinks are not in order, it says Uplink1, Uplink2, Uplink4, Uplink3.
And the Uplinks are connected to the last 4 ports that are reserved for Uplinks.
This is probably due to changing/removing Uplinks in the past.
I will now have to find a way to link the Uplinks to the correct ports, and do the removal in the correct order.
You can try, but I'm not sure that is going to change the order.
In fact the method I use to lower the number of Uplinks, depends on the last n Uplinks to be unused.
In you case the Uplinks seem to be mapped to the last 4 ports, instead of the first 4 ports.
that was the magic sauce. i removed all but dvuplink1. once all other vmnic's were removed i was able to shrink the total numbers of dvuplinks. then i was able to rearrange my vmnics and
dvuplinks to match
Thank you so much!!