VMware Cloud Community
mcrampton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remotely run commands like gpuvm and pcoip-ctrl

Hi, I'm a total powercli beginner, so please tell me if this is the wrong direction completely. I run some ESXi 5 hosts with Nvidia Grid K1 and Teradici Apex 2800 cards in them. There are a couple commands I can run when logged into the host via putty that I would like to be able to run remotely instead. I have connected to my hosts via powercli and it seems that it's only set up to run the particular commands that are embedded in the program. Is there any way to run these other commands remotely which would work from the ESXi console?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Maybe this plugin could be useful:

VMware Front Experience: [Updated] esxcli plugin to run shell commands (new version)

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, you can, when you have enabled SSH on the ESXi server(s).

In that case you can use plink.exe from the PuTTY Suite to launch commands on the server.

There are multiple examples on how to use plink.exe available in this community, see for example  4.  Re: Get HBA hardware details

Alan's post, called SSH PowerShell tricks with plink.exe, might prove useful.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
mcrampton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi sorry, I should have been more clear. The reason I want to run these commands remotely is so that I don't want to have to have SSH enabled on the ESXi host all the time, as it puts that constant warning up in my vSphere client. Is there any way to run commands as if you were on the server, but without having SSH enabled?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Maybe this plugin could be useful:

VMware Front Experience: [Updated] esxcli plugin to run shell commands (new version)

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos