VMware Cloud Community
VMwareGuy007
Contributor
Contributor

Reconfigure Virtual Machine

Can PowerCLI get the exact details when a task shows "Reconfigure Virtual Machine?"  Since it could be an event from adding hardware, or just disconnecting an ISO, it seems like there should be some type of detailed information about it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Brian_Graf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How are you running the task? are you using PowerCLI? Web Client? C#? if you are using the C# you can see what's going on by using Onyx. Otherwise I think it's pretty much a blanket statement that the machine is being reconfigured.

Senior Product Manager - Distributed Resource Management | @vBrianGraf
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Yes, partially.

See my Events – Part 3 : Auditing VM device changes

But be aware that the available events don't always allow you to report the complete life-cycle of a VM

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
VMwareGuy007
Contributor
Contributor

It could be the web client, C# client or even a 3rd party client.  We have some performance software also making changes.

0 Kudos
VMwareGuy007
Contributor
Contributor

Very nice script, I used it, but I see that it does not show the data where the 3rd party client reconfigured the VM.  I can go into vCenter and see the event, but the script does not pull it.  It does pull the other events, and it's quite nice.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Then the 3rd party  lient probably generates another type of event then the ones being captured by the script.

Perhaps my Event-O-Matic can tell you which event(s) the 3rd party product is generating.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos