VMware Cloud Community
MRENSEL
Contributor
Contributor

RVtools - Append multiple vCenter results to SINGLE xls file

Anyone have a method of appending or concatenating multiple vCenter results for RVtools into a SINGLE xls file? Preferably with a added field for which vCenter it is coming from? I'm trying to process over 20 vC's and create a single output report. Am I going to have to create individual reports and then write code to consolidate all of them after their done or is there some native way to do this with RVtools that I'm not seeing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Have a look at Re: Invoke multiple vcenters from rvtoolsbatch

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
MRENSEL
Contributor
Contributor

I saw that and tested it. It is creating separate files for each vC. Is it functioning differently for you? I'm looking for a single output file for mulitple vC's.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

No, you're right.
The batch version can place all parts for a specific vCenter in one XLSX file, but indeed different XLSX files for different vCenters.

You can use the ImportExcel module to read all these files, and then write them to one XLSX file.
But I don't think you can have RVTools batch write multiple vCenters to the same XLSX directly.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
aabicon1
Contributor
Contributor

RVTools since version 3.11 (current version at time of posting - 4.4.1) has the requested functionality using the RVToolsMergeExcelFiles command, enabling the merging of multiple exportall files. Excel is not needed on the machine where RVTools is run. Read the Usage and example information for variables or if you want a reduced subset of the export files.

0 Kudos