VMware Cloud Community
Ambarish08
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

RVTOOLS Automation with Secure Authentication

Hi Guys ,

I came across    communities link https://communities.vmware.com/message/2665608#2665608  related to RVTOOLS Automation.

I have similar requirement only the thing is that I don’t want to pass the Password of user in Clear text as shown below as well as passthroughAuth is not working in my  environment .

So how to encrypt the user password and pass to following command to generate an Automated RV Tools Report

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Robware\RVTools 3.9.5\rvtools" -u username@vsphere.local -p Test@1234 -s vcenter.yourdomain.local -c ExportAll2xls -d d:\exports\rvtools -f VC01.xls

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This isn't really a PowerCLI question.
But Rob documents how to create an encrypted password in his RVTools documentation on page 98.
When you encrypt your password with that tool, you can use the encrypted password on the -p parameter when calling rvtools.exe.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Robware\RVTools>RVTools.exe -s vcsa.domain -u administrator@vsphere.local -p _RVToolsPWDtphwdg4HjLjnJ1cT9YX6gyEtDqf6GFzCIS2Tq8ZMWiu4=

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This isn't really a PowerCLI question.
But Rob documents how to create an encrypted password in his RVTools documentation on page 98.
When you encrypt your password with that tool, you can use the encrypted password on the -p parameter when calling rvtools.exe.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Robware\RVTools>RVTools.exe -s vcsa.domain -u administrator@vsphere.local -p _RVToolsPWDtphwdg4HjLjnJ1cT9YX6gyEtDqf6GFzCIS2Tq8ZMWiu4=

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos