VMware Cloud Community
David2021
Contributor
Contributor

Problem to expand ports of PortGroups during a migration VSS to DVS with PowerCli

Problem to expand port of PortGroup during a migration VSS to DVS with PowerCli

Hello,

Each DvSwitch PortGroup have got 8 ports in elastic mode with AutoExpand = True.

I migrate each network interface of virtual machine from Standard Switch PortGroup to Distributed Switch PortGroup. I use a Powercli command.

During the execution the command stop of lack of available port in some PortGroups. But, if I verify the availabililty of port in PortGroup of DvSwitch and still 1 free of 8. To resolve the situation, I must increase manually the number of port in PortGroup for example 8 to 20 then relaunch the command and it's passed.

I don't know why the vCenter don't increase automatically when it's necessary the number of port 8 to 16 then 16 to 24..etc ...during the migration of PortGroup with the Powercli command? It's a question the responsiveness of vCenter to provide new free port vs PowerCli execution?

I need help on this point to understand.

regards,

David2021

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

This is, as far I understand the question, not really a PowerCLI question, but a question on the behavior of Distributed Switches.
I propose to move this thread to a more appropriate community, like https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vSphere-vNetwork-Discussions/bd-p/2024.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
David2021
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I understand. I'm not really sure between network and PowerCli. I moved my request to the appropriate community.

regards,

David2021

0 Kudos