VMware Cloud Community
BMH1972
Contributor
Contributor

Powercli scripts to Microsoft Power BI

Has anyone successfully been able to take ps scripts such as GetClusterStats and direct that output into MS PowerBI to generate a dashboard for capacity planning and trending?

Any other ideas for something similar?

Thank you

Brian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to PowerCLI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

There are several samples of feeding statistics into a DB and displaying it in a dashboard.

I just don't know of an example using PowerBI, except for this short blogpost (see Streaming Datasets – PowerShell | PowerCLI | Power BI).

Some examples based on InfluxDB and Grafana:

Basically you would need to replace the receiving DB and use PowerBI's own dashboard functionality.

Which GetClusterStats script are you referring to?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
LocalManMark
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently been playing around with exporting data from Vsphere into PowerBI.  For static reporting I an just exporting to CSV for each entity (VM, Cluster, Hosts, etc) and then creating a relational dataset.

I have managed to create some realtime dashboards too using this blog https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.jonathonharper.com/2018/04/16/powerbi-report-for-vmware-using-stre...

0 Kudos