VMware Cloud Community
FurkanY4m4n
Contributor
Contributor

Powercli Disk Info

I need command of hard disk, drive letter, capacity, SCSI information of a server in vcenter in Powercli

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for PowerCLI.

I have also reported the duplicate post you created, asking them to remove it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

See Get-VMGuestDisk

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
Ahmedkhalaf
Contributor
Contributor

esxcli storage vmfs extent list

View mappings of VMFS file systems to disk devices:

esxcli storage filesystem list

List all the iSCSI paths on the system:

esxcli storage core path list

Display the list of mounted NFS shares:

esxcli storage nfs list

How do you check SMART with esxcli? S.M.A.R.T. is useful for disk diagnostics and for preventing disk failure. You can read the S.M.A.R.T. data and, if you discover that something is wrong with your disk, you can make a timely decision to replace the disk.

First, list all storage devices and locate the unique device name (see the screenshot below):

esxcli storage core device list

Then, use the command to get the S.M.A.R.T. data of that disk device:

esxcli storage core device smart get -d naa.50026b7267020435

where naa.50026b7267020435 is the name of the device used in this example.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

It is a minimal form of respect to at least link to your resource when you copy content.

I assume you forgot to do that, so here goes Most Useful ESXCLI and ESXi Shell Commands for Your VMware Environment , more specifically the Storage section.

LucD_0-1675346024040.png

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

Ahmedkhalaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @LucD 

Thanks for mentioned the link for the full article, for me I was downloaded a document called how to check Storage on ESXi and what i shared is only the content of the document with no link or owner of the any CLI, and totally agree with you for respecting the source of any information or resources.