PowerCli 5.5 Released

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can also use the link on the PowerCLI Overview page.

PowerCLI_5_5.png

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can also use the link on the PowerCLI Overview page.

PowerCLI_5_5.png

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
richG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry about that guys and gals.. My mistake.

0 Kudos
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anything new?  Didn't see much in the release notes except a few bug fixes.

0 Kudos
RvdNieuwendijk
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I must agree that the "VMware vSphere PowerCLI 5.5 Release 1 Release Notes" are not clear about the new features. However there are some cool new features. New features that I know of are:

• Support for tags with new cmdlets like: Get-Tag, Get-TagAssignment, New-TagAssignment and Remove-TagAssignment
  • Tag parameters for Get-Datastore, Get-VDPortgroup, Get-VirtualPortGroup, Get-VM and Get-VMHost
  • Support for VSAN with new parameters for New-Cluster, New-VMHostNetworkAdapter, Set-Cluster and Set-VMHostNetworkAdapter
  • New cmdlet Open-VMConsoleWindow to open a VM console window from PowerCLI
  • New networking cmdlets: Add-VirtualSwitchPhysicalNetworkAdapter, Get-VDBlockedPolicy, Get-VDPort, Get-VDPortgroupOverridePolicy, Get-VDSecurityPolicy, Get-VDSwitchPrivateVlan, Get-VDTrafficShapingPolicy, Get-VDUplinkLacpPolicy, Get-VDUplinkTeamingPolicy, New-VDSwitchPrivateVlan, Remove-VDSwitchPrivateVlan, Remove-VirtualSwitchPhysicalNetworkAdapter, Set-VDBlockedPolicy, Set-VDPort, Set-VDPortgroupOverridePolicy and Set-VDSecurityPolicy
Blog: https://rvdnieuwendijk.com/ | Twitter: @rvdnieuwendijk | Author of: https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/learning-powercli-second-edition
0 Kudos
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.  Very happy about the new additonal distributed switch cmdlets that should provide the rest of the needed functionality that was missing. 

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also on the PowerCLI product page (a bit hard to find, I admit) you can find a link to the product change log - containing all the new features and improvements.

0 Kudos