VMware Cloud Community
js40687
Contributor
Contributor

PowerCLi 5.8 and SRM 5.8

Hi

When you edit a recovery plan, on the Test Networks tab, you can specify which network to use in the event of a test and which to use in the event of a full recovery

the default being the network mapping for full recovery and Auto for test

We redirect to a different network for test, and have an isolated env with stretch networks so no IP changes required

My question is can I edit these settings programmatically? I have read there are new commands available in PowerCLI 5.8 for SRM to use the APIs better, has anyone done this yet?

I was looking at Kens blog and can read a lot of info from SRM, wasn't sure if it covered editing that info or not

Thanks

3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Ken did a great series of blog posts on using the SRM API from PowerCLI.

See for example Reporting on Site Recovery Manager Failover via PowerCLI and several others.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
js40687
Contributor
Contributor

I have been thru Kens Blogs, and they are very helpful, but as they were based on PowerCLi 5.5 I was just wondering what in PowerCLi 5.8 was different? I thought there was some new options for talking to SRM in there? I am talking PowerCLi 5.8 to SRM 5.8

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

In the User's Guide for PowerCLI 5.8R1 in Chapter 7, there are some SRM example scripts.

Did you already see Ben Meadowcroft SRM Helper functions ?

The Github repository has some good info, and the helper functions really are helpful.

And have a look at the video Ben recorded on all this.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference