VMware Cloud Community
Schelte
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PowerCLI storage.nmp.satp.rule.add fails

Hi,

I'm trying to add a satp rule on my esx host using PowerCLI 5.8 which doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

$esxcli=get-vmhost Somehost|Get-EsxCLI

$esxcli.storage.nmp.satp.rule.add($null,"tpgs_on",$null,"somedeviceid",$null,$true,$null,$null,"VMW_PSP_RR","iops=1000","VMW_SATP_ALUA",$null,$null,$null)

Message: --device, --vendor / --model / --claim-option, --driver and --transport options are mutually exclusive.;

But I only put in a device option..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Schelte
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. It didnt help, but after some more tries this worked for me:

$esxcli = get-vmhost SomeHost|get-esxcli

$esxcli.storage.nmp.satp.rule.add($null,$null,$null,"somedeviceid",$null,$true,$null,"tpgs_on","VMW_PSP_RR","iops=1000","VMW_SATP_ALUA",$null,$null,$null)

The tpgs_on should be in option instead of claimoption in our case.

thanx

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try with

$esxcli.storage.nmp.satp.rule.add($false,"tpgs_on",$null,"somedeviceid",$null,$true,$null,$null,"VMW_PSP_RR","iops=1000","VMW_SATP_ALUA",$null,$null,$null)

I suspect the first parameter needs to be a Boolean.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
Schelte
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. It didnt help, but after some more tries this worked for me:

$esxcli = get-vmhost SomeHost|get-esxcli

$esxcli.storage.nmp.satp.rule.add($null,$null,$null,"somedeviceid",$null,$true,$null,"tpgs_on","VMW_PSP_RR","iops=1000","VMW_SATP_ALUA",$null,$null,$null)

The tpgs_on should be in option instead of claimoption in our case.

thanx

0 Kudos