VMware Cloud Community
CoxyEC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PowerCLI for changing Update Manager Settings

We're trying to create some handy PowerCLI automation scripts for setting up new vCenter servers, and after moving to vCenter 6.5 where the Update Manager is embedded we want to write a script for the settings configuration of the Update Manager.

Are there any cmdlets etc where the Update Manager settings like Download Schedule, Notification Check Schedule, VM settings etc? I've tried looking everywhere and I can't find any PowerCLI which specifies objects or values to do with the Update Manager settings page. Obviously there are ones for creating baselines and applying the updates etc.

Thanks for any advice or pointing in the right direction.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Afaik there is no public API for managing the Settings, and no cmdlets.

Perhaps add your vote to the PowerCLI Idea Update Manager Configuraton | VMware PowerCLI

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Afaik there is no public API for managing the Settings, and no cmdlets.

Perhaps add your vote to the PowerCLI Idea Update Manager Configuraton | VMware PowerCLI

0 Kudos
CoxyEC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply LucD​ . It seems that is the case. I will do an upvote on that site you mentioned. Is it an official VMware site, or a 3rd party one?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The site was set up by the PowerCLI PM, so perhaps not official, but he definitely sees the ideas.
And some are in implemented or planned state :smileygrin:

CoxyEC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did find this (see end of document, or pasted below) LucD​ - https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ps-libs/vumps/vumps1/doc/vumps_admg.pdf

Looks  like the Get-VumConfig doesn't work anymore?

3 Set specific values for all available configuration parameters: Set-VumConfig -UseProxy $TRUE -ProxyPort 7890 -ProxyAddress proxy.vmware.com -ProxyUsername myUserName -ProxyPassword myPAss -GuestCreateSnapshot $TRUE -GuestKeepSnapshotHours 9 -GuestTakeMemoryDump $TRUE -HostFailureAction Retry -HostNumberOfRetries 5 -HostRetryDelay 10 -SoapPort 808 -WebPort 809

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, I'm afraid not.

That module is very old, and was provided separately.

Unfortunately not all functionality has been ported to the current version.

And since there is no public API, there is no way to write ones own functions.

0 Kudos