VMware Cloud Community
sraimc326
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PowerCLI connection to ESXi 6.7 Invalid Certificate Warning

I am attempting to connect to a lab environment ESXi 6.7 using PowerCLI.  I have ran the: Set-PowerCLIConfiguration -InvalidCertificateAction Ignore   and verified with a Get-PowerCLIConfiguration run:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-PowerCLIConfiguration

Scope    ProxyPolicy          DefaultVIServerMode      InvalidCertificateAction  DisplayDeprecationWarnings WebOperationTimeout

Seconds

-----         -----------               -------------------                ------------------------            --------------------------                               -------------------

Session  UseSystemProxy  Multiple                           Ignore                              True                                                     300

User                                                                            Ignore

AllUsers

Any idea what I am doing wrong or still need to do?  Also, the error mentions adding an exception but doesn't reference a command.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Would you mind including the error message?

Can you try with Kyle's Resolve-Error function from PowerCLI Support Breakdown

That should give more details about the error.

Also, for the sake of it, can you try, from an administrator session, to do

Set-PowerCLIConfiguration -InvalidCertificateAction Ignore -Scope Session, User, AllUsers -Confirm:$false

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Would you mind including the error message?

Can you try with Kyle's Resolve-Error function from PowerCLI Support Breakdown

That should give more details about the error.

Also, for the sake of it, can you try, from an administrator session, to do

Set-PowerCLIConfiguration -InvalidCertificateAction Ignore -Scope Session, User, AllUsers -Confirm:$false

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
sraimc326
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Running the Set-PowerCLIConfiguration with the parameters you provided seemed to fix the issue. After running that command, I am able to connect.  Thanks for the help!!

0 Kudos