VMware Cloud Community
Sirry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PowerCLI 5.8R1 AutoDeploy/ImageBuilder Issues

I fired up a previously working POC script I had running and noticed that there have been some changes in how the whole process works...

I was wondering if there were any tips on where to get started with the new architecture....

The simplest bit of code I can create that used to work that no longer does anymore is as follows:

The output for:

Add-EsxSoftwareDepot -DepotUrl "https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/PRODUCTION/main/vmw-depot-index.xml"

Get-EsxImageProfile

Get-EsxImageProfile

Get-EsxImageProfile

Get-EsxImageProfile

Get-EsxImageProfile

Is the following:

DepotUrl : https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/PRODUCTION/main/vmw-depot-index.xml

Get-EsxImageProfile : The parameter 'name' cannot be an empty string.

Parameter name: name

At C:\posh\simpleTest.ps1:5 char:1

+ Get-EsxImageProfile

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-EsxImageProfile], ArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,VMware.ImageBuilder.Commands.GetProfiles

Get-EsxImageProfile : Cannot convert length string (        ) to a number

At C:\posh\simpleTest.ps1:6 char:1

+ Get-EsxImageProfile

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-EsxImageProfile], ProtocolViolationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Net.ProtocolViolationException,VMware.ImageBuilder.Commands.GetProfiles

Get-EsxImageProfile : Cannot convert length string (0</summa) to a number

At C:\posh\simpleTest.ps1:7 char:1

+ Get-EsxImageProfile

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-EsxImageProfile], ProtocolViolationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Net.ProtocolViolationException,VMware.ImageBuilder.Commands.GetProfiles

Get-EsxImageProfile : Cannot convert length string (ware_boo) to a number

At C:\posh\simpleTest.ps1:8 char:1

+ Get-EsxImageProfile

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get-EsxImageProfile : Cannot convert length string (/esx/vmw) to a number

At C:\posh\simpleTest.ps1:9 char:1

+ Get-EsxImageProfile

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The error message when running the same command 5 times actually rotates....something fishy is going on... I tried this on two different computers.

We are running vSphere 5.5 Build 2001466

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That is a known "feature" I'm afraid, see KB2089217

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post