VMware Cloud Community
nathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Power CLI will not install

I am trying to install power CLI on a WIn 2003 Server, it has .net 2 SP2, & 3.. and Power Shell installed.

However when the installer is ran I get an MsiInstaller error event ID 11722, teh error reports that MSI29.tmp cannot be found. this happens after the VIX install notification.

I have watched the tp folder and it would seem that it is inbeed not being extracted from the install package.

build CLI-4.1.0-264274.exe

Nathan VCP
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I guess you are trying to upgrade PowerCLI. Try to un-install the previous version of PowerCLI using Add/Remove programs. If this doesn't help, download the installer package of the previous version and start it. It will ask you what to do - remove or repair - choose repair.

Vitali

PowerCLI team

0 Kudos
nathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi and thansk for the post, no this has not had PowerCli on it before, it is running VUM and vCLI though.

I will try 4.0

Nathan VCP
0 Kudos
aevrov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi nathanw,

If you have a working VUM Powershell snap-in, you will definitely have the PowerCLI snap-in also, since the VUM snap-in depends on it. Try running "Get-PSSnapin -Registered" and look for one named "VMware.VimAutomation.Core" -this is the PowerCLI snap-in.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Angel

0 Kudos