VMware Cloud Community
jooshilaig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Powecli Script SRM recovery Plan IP Customization

Hello Friends 

Just looking for automating  the addition  of  IP Customization Settings on the Recovery Plans using powercli , found a API for the IP customization , anyone have any idea how we can set the values for these Objects 

I am trying to Create  the Recovery setting object , with IP Customizations  , while setting the IpCustomizationSpec its throws an error

But if I create that as a standalone object it getting success ,

$testRS= New-Object  VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmRecoverySettings

$testRS.VmIpCustomizationData = New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomization

$testRS.VmIpCustomizationData.IpCustomizationMappings = New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomizationIpCustomizationSpecMapping

$testRS.VmIpCustomizationData.IpCustomizationMappings.IpCustomizationSpec = New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomizationIpCustomizationSpec

PS C:\Scripts> $testRS.VmIpCustomizationData.IpCustomizationMappings.IpCustomizationSpec = New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomizationIpCustomizationSpec

InvalidOperation: The property 'IpCustomizationSpec' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the property exists and can be set.

PS C:\Scripts> New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomizationIpCustomizationSpec

DnsSuffixes HostName NicCustomizationSpecs

----------- -------- ---------------------

PS C:\Scripts>

VmIpCustomization 

NicCustomizationSpec 

https://developer.vmware.com/docs/11774/site-recovery-manager-api-developer-s-guide/GUID-0FFB78AA-29...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
canadapatrick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Due to it being a complex object must do like this:

NOTE - have to use actual SiteUuid for your recovery site ... this one is just an example.

$testRS.IpCustomizationMappings = [pscustomobject]@{
IpCustomizationSpec = New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomizationIpCustomizationSpec;
SiteUuid="323tyc10-f4c0-9m9z-v585-47474747try9";
}

Also note that some fields are arrays such as DnsSuffixes and DnsServerList:

$testRS.IpCustomizationMappings.IpCustomizationSpec.DnsSuffixes = @("mydomain1.com", "mydomain2.com")

ETC

$testRS.IpCustomizationMappings.IpCustomizationSpec.NicCustomizationSpecs.IpV4AddressSpecs.StaticAddressInfo.Address = "10.20.30.111"

You can create/populate the full object and then write it back to SRM config (thanks to Ben Meadowcraft's work):

i.e. partial snippets here after connecting to protected site and srmserver

$rp = Get-SrmRecoveryPlan -Name "my_srm_plan"

$vm = Get-Vm -Name "my_vmname"

$pvm = $rp | Get-SrmProtectedVM | Where-Object {($_.VmName -EQ $vm.Name )}

$recoverySettings = $pvm | Get-SrmRecoverySetting -RecoveryPlan $rp

$recoverySettings.VmIpCustomizationData.IpCustomizationMappings = $testRS.IpCustomizationMappings

Set-SrmRecoverySetting -RecoveryPlan $rp -Vm $vm -RecoverySettings $recoverySettings

Hope this helps.

cheers

0 Kudos
stjones03
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone figured this out? I am having the hardest time with this

$SrmRecoverySettings = New-Object -TypeName vmware.vimautomation.srm.views.SRMVmIpCustomization

$SrmRecoverySettings.IpCustomizationMappings = [pscustomobject]@{
IpCustomizationSpec = New-Object VMware.VimAutomation.Srm.Views.SrmVmIpCustomizationIpCustomizationSpec;
SiteUuid="323tyc10-f4c0-9m9z-v585-47474747try9";
}

$SrmRecoverySettings.IpCustomizationMappings.IpCustomizationSpec.NicCustomizationSpecs.IpV4AddressSpecs.StaticAddressInfo.Address = "127.0.0.1"

0 Kudos