VMware Cloud Community
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Portgroup/VLAN information

Hello,

We have 20+ vCenters and 100+ portgroups in 20+ dvs

Can someone please help me to pull all the standard and DV PortGroup and its VLAN information 

I am expecting the output something like this

vCenterName      PortGroupName     VLAN      DVS_Name

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Did you do a search in this community?
Similar requests have been raised multiple times in here.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @LucD ,

Thank you for your  reply. 

I did and found lots of discussion happened regarding this Portgroup. Unfortunately I couldn't find the one what I needed for my needs. But I found an alternate option other than script, that is RVTool report. The report gives the output what I needed. But still I am lacking script 🙂

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

I find it hard to believe you didn't find any code in here that covered your "needs".

But good you found RVTools, just wondering how that helps you with finding the VLANid for PVs and VLAN trunking.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello LucD,

I am sorry, I am still a novice in scripting world. Not very sure how can play with the existing scripts. that people are already posted. Like I said I found lots of discussion related portgroup and its VLAN. But most of the discussions are for finding the portgroups that are existing in a single esx hosts or assigned to VMs. I didnt go through all the discussions, but since I got the result from RVtools I stopped searching.  When I generated the RVtools report, that is giving all the portgroup names and that associated to the DVswitch and its VLAN, ports etc. So thats the reason. But I wanted to say you did helped me a alot, thank you for that.

0 Kudos