VMware Cloud Community
Vel_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Need script to have datastore details and calculated size.

Hi,

Can some one help me with script which can have the datastore details in the below format

Cluster Name, Datastore Name, CapacityGB, FreespaceGB, Freespace in Percentage %,

Along with above, I need to have 2 more customized columns which are.

Column Name       :   Calculation

UsableFreeSpace  :  FreespaceGB - (50% of total capacity) , this calculation should take like only if Freespace percentage morethan 60% else it can say 'Not enough space' in the same column.

Total usable freeSpace (Cluster wise) : sum of UsableFreeSpace on cluster wise.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you checked the links in the More Like This panel to the right of the page?

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 11.33.15.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Vel_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

These are not met with my customized requirement. I would be very helpful and thankful, if some one could help me with the script.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There should be something in those threads that gets you most of the way there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos