VMware Cloud Community
stacycarter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Need Site Affinity Script for Stretched Clusters (aka vSphere Metro Storage Clusters)

All,

I need to setup one or more PowerCLI scripts that checks site affinity for VMs in a stretched cluster.  Would like to have it run daily and email a report. The logic for the script that I need to build is below.  If anyone has created a script like this before or has suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

If VM has one or more disks in a datastore that start with "metroA", verify VM is in DRS VM Affinity group called "datacenterA".  If not, add to list/array X.

If VM has one or more disks in a datastore that start with "metroB", verify VM is in DRS VM Affinity group called "datacenterB".  If not, add to list/array Y.

In addition, check to see if VM is a member of the datacenterA group AND the datacenterB DRS groups.  If so, add to list/array Z.

Email report that includes the following....

The following VMs have one or more disks in a datastore that start with "metroA" but are not in the "datacenterA" affinity group.  Please check.

List/array X of VMs, or if no VMs found, then it states so below

The following VMs have one or more disks in a datastore that start with "metroB" but are not in the "datacenterB" affinity group.  Please check.

List/array Y of VMs, or if no VMs found, then it states so below

The following VMs were found to be members of the datacenterA group AND the datacenterB DRS groups.  Please check.

List/array Z of VMs, or if no VMs found, then it states so below

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterChanning
Contributor
Contributor

I know you posted this a long time ago,. but did you ever find a script that did what you were looking for?

0 Kudos