VMware Cloud Community
vihar1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

.NET console does not accept ALT + F1/F2

Hi,

When we access our HP hosts via ILO and we switch to ESXi shell we cannot switch back to DCUI. This is extremely serious issue in case you have forgotten to enable the shell... I prefer to use .NET version but I suppose this happens with the Java version as well.

Any ideas how to resolve that?

Tags (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wh33ly
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You could try the HP Hotkey option. I have a similar problem over here, it worked always, until our desktop environment was running in a Citrix shell. This caused the alt-f2 hotkey to be captured by Citrix.

Hotkey6 (ALT+F2)

Substitute for the standard Windows hotkey ALT+ESC. This hotkey brings the focus to maximized and minimized windows of programs that are open in a session, in the order that they were opened.

Specifying Hotkey Functions - Citrix eDocs

Does Alt-F1 / ALT-F11  / ALT-F12 work ? Just to be sure your Alt+Key option works, and it's only Alt-F2 which doesn't work

Solution I mostly use:

HP ILO go to "Remote Console" -> "Remote Console" -> "Hot Keys"

assign the Alt-F2 hotkey to something else like "Ctrl+T" and save the hotkey.

Now switch back to your console and hit Alt-F2

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Wh33ly
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You could try the HP Hotkey option. I have a similar problem over here, it worked always, until our desktop environment was running in a Citrix shell. This caused the alt-f2 hotkey to be captured by Citrix.

Hotkey6 (ALT+F2)

Substitute for the standard Windows hotkey ALT+ESC. This hotkey brings the focus to maximized and minimized windows of programs that are open in a session, in the order that they were opened.

Specifying Hotkey Functions - Citrix eDocs

Does Alt-F1 / ALT-F11  / ALT-F12 work ? Just to be sure your Alt+Key option works, and it's only Alt-F2 which doesn't work

Solution I mostly use:

HP ILO go to "Remote Console" -> "Remote Console" -> "Hot Keys"

assign the Alt-F2 hotkey to something else like "Ctrl+T" and save the hotkey.

Now switch back to your console and hit Alt-F2