VMware Cloud Community
jacosta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Missing RemoteHost Data from Get-DataStore

In the past, get-datastore 1234 |select remotehost would return the IP of the host providing the export.  Currently I get no data back.  Selecting remotepath returns the correct path; select * shows other information is fine as well.  Just remotehost has "disappeared".

RemoteHost

----------

Last I recall this working (not 100% sure of the version) was with PowerCli 6.3 and Vsphere 5.5.  Currently I'm using the below Vsphere & PowerCLI builds.  Storage (NetApp Clustered Ontap 8.3.1p2) has remained the same (past/present).

Using $ESXCLI2=get-esxcli -v2 -vmhost ABCD with $ESXCLI2.storage.nfs.list.Invoke()|?{$_.volumename -match "1234"} |select host returns the correct IP/Host dataThe Datastores work fine, I just can't retrieve the remotehost data with get-datastore.

I've tried this on two different clients running the same PowerCLI build against two different Virtual Centers running the same build using two different storage arrays running the same build.  Same results of no remotehost data.

Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

JoeA

Virtual Center:  Version 6.0, Build 4541947

VMware PowerCLI 6.5 Release 1 build 4624819; VMware Storage PowerCLI Component 6.5 build 4624820

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

There have been reports of inconsistent RemoteHost properties on earlier PowerCLI releases.

See for example Get-Datastore inconsistently returns RemoteHost for NFS datastores

That thread also list an alternative way.

In PowerCLI 6.5R1 RemoteHost seems to be working for me.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
jacosta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Luc.  Learned some from the thread you posted.  Glad it works for you! 

0 Kudos
jakerpowercli
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

jacosta​ Can you file an SR through my.vmware.com? I want to be sure we get a bugfix in the backlog!

Cheers,

Jake

0 Kudos
jacosta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just to follow-thru on my original post:

1.  An Upgrade to ESXi 6.0U3 has resolved the remotehost issue.  Hosts that are still ESXi 5.5U2 still do not report remotehost information via get-datastore.  Hosts that are at ESXi 6.0U3 do report remotehost information via get-datastore.

2. Jake, I wasn't certain how to file an SR or would have.  Maybe not worth it based on #1 above.

3. Luc, thanks for your input.

JoeA

0 Kudos