VMware Cloud Community
ee1242
Contributor
Contributor

Method within vSphere 6.7 to search & replace email address used by alert notification

Within my organization's vSphere 6.7 management console I need to find a certain email address (that belongs to an employee who is no longer with the organization) and change this email address to a distribution group.

There are a lot of alerts configured within vSphere among a lot of different clusters.

So I'm hoping there is a way I can simply search for this email address and then I can display a list of the results of where this email address has been found within the vSphere notifications so I can replace this email address with the email address of a distribution group.

I'm hoping there is a way of doing this through the GUI console. Or if this can only be done using vSphere PowerShell commands, please provide me with the script or PowerShell commands.

Is there anyone who can refer me to URLs, documentation, PowerShell scripts, or commands that describe how to use PowerCLI to replace all instances of the email address msmith@company.com with the new email address palert@company.com within the vSphere alert notifications?

If any further information is needed, please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao

Check this post with LucD script:

Edit Alarm Action E-mail Recipients - VMware Technology Network VMTN

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved to the area for PowerCLI.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos