VMware Cloud Community
gboskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

(Mem.usage.Average & Mem.Active.Average counter with get-stats

I have trying to put together a some weekly stats using get-Stats.. its all works well but if i use Mem.usage.Average I get the memory in percentage . using mem.active.average should give me the memory usage in KB i understand.

However i get a null entry using mem.active.average.

On investigating i noticed while going through the performance chart options ( document attached) only the real-time memory section has the counter ??

Can the mem.active counter be added for the other section ??? or is there a config i need to do ??

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The metrics that are collected for the different intervals depend on what you configure in

In that form you will see the 4 historical intervals and for each there will be a "Statistics Level" (4 being the most metrics, 1 being the least metrics).

Can you check what you have in there ?

If the level is 1 for all intervals that could be the reason why you can't get the mem.active counter.

Note, the realtime data you see in the VI Client comes from the hardcoded realtime interval (20 secs) that is collected on the ESX servers themselves and is only kept for a limited period of time.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The metrics that are collected for the different intervals depend on what you configure in

In that form you will see the 4 historical intervals and for each there will be a "Statistics Level" (4 being the most metrics, 1 being the least metrics).

Can you check what you have in there ?

If the level is 1 for all intervals that could be the reason why you can't get the mem.active counter.

Note, the realtime data you see in the VI Client comes from the hardcoded realtime interval (20 secs) that is collected on the ESX servers themselves and is only kept for a limited period of time.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
gboskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes Changes to Level 2 .. thats has all i need ..

Thanks LuCD

0 Kudos