VMware Cloud Community
tekhie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maximum Host CPU and Memory utilisation

hi all,

i have some code which gives me the average cpu, memory utilisation of a Host over 1 day, 7 days and so on. What i want to know is whether it is possible to extract the maximum CPU and Memory utilisation value out of a Host in the previous 7 day period. I would like to incorporate this into a performance report. The average utilisation over a week is fine, but what i would like to what the maximum value in the previous week was too. If my Host CPU is hitting above xx% at some point i would like to be able to see this and investigate if required.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, you can get the maximum CPU and memory usage of an ESX server, provided the statistics level for that roll up period is set to 4 (highest level).

I suspect you are using the Get-Stat cmdlet with the metrics cpu.usage.average and mem.usage.average.

For the maxima you need to use the cpu.usage.maximum and mem.usage.maximum metrics.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, you can get the maximum CPU and memory usage of an ESX server, provided the statistics level for that roll up period is set to 4 (highest level).

I suspect you are using the Get-Stat cmdlet with the metrics cpu.usage.average and mem.usage.average.

For the maxima you need to use the cpu.usage.maximum and mem.usage.maximum metrics.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos