VMware Cloud Community
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Machine SSL Certificate

Hello,

We are using custom Machine SSL cert of many vCenters. Is there any option we can find the expiry of that machine SSL certs?

'Get-STSCerts.ps1' showing only the STS expiry date.

Can someone please help me ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Did you try Alan's script in Automating SSL Checks for vCenter and Host Certificates

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @LucD ,

Yes I tried that earlier. And yes it is also showing the STS expiry date. Any other suggestion please ?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

In that case use an SSH session (via Open-Ssh) to your VCSA and use the /usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli command to list the certificates.

From the Validity - Not After you can extract the expiration date.

See also KB2111411

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @LucD ,

Yes that I can get. Connecting to vCenter via putty and run the command to can get the expiry of Machine SSL. This is how I am checking the expiry date now. Like I said we have many vCenters that needs to check the expiry date. So here I am looking a script something like what you mentioned earlier (Alan's script / Get-STSCerts.ps1) that can find the machine SSL expiry of a bulk vCenters.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

You can script that as well against multiple vCenters.
You could use Posh-Ssh instead of putty which makes it a lot easier.

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@LucD , then it would be really great. I never tried posh-ssh so far. If you can please give me the instruction then it would be really helpful since I never tried this before.

1. Connect multiple vCenters

2. Run the command '/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli entry list --store MACHINE_SSL_CERT --text | less' against those multiple vCenters.

3. Disconnect the session from multiple vCenters.

0 Kudos
Vimal348
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone can please help me here?

0 Kudos