VMware Cloud Community
chayes
Contributor
Contributor

Looking to generate report of patches included in an Update Manager Custom Baseline

I'm looking for a quick way to report (rather than visually, manually inspecting) what patches are included in a UM custom baseline.

E.g. we have multiple vcenters,and I want to write out a report of a UM baseline so that I can create the same baselines in other envs.

Ideally, I'd be able to export the baseline to disk and move it, but @ this point, I'll settle for a report of patches that are in the baseline, and I will re-create the baseline on the other vcenters.

Sure, I could visually inspect them but why do this if we can report out what is in the baseline.

Note, I know that I could run a report against an esx host after patches are deployed, but again, it would be much better to generate this from the cetralized UM.

Hoping that a crafty coder has a solution with Powershell vitoolkit\PowerCLI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

I suspect you're using VITK v1 ?

From VITK v1.5 onwards there is no more support for the Update Manager Smiley Sad

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

chayes
Contributor
Contributor

Wow...this shows how out of date I am with this forum. I am using 1.5, but I did not realize that this function was discontinued.

So what is the strategy moving forward with VITK and Update Manager. If it is not supported, is there a replacement solution?

I'll head down the UM path to see if I can generate reports on baselines.

0 Kudos