VMware Cloud Community
vmtech9777
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with Get-VMGuestNetworkInterface

Hi,

I am trying to run Get-VMGuestNetworkInterface against a Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) VM but it always fails with the below error -

PowerCLI E:\temp> Get-VMGuestNetworkInterface test-01v -Guestuser Administrator -Guestpassword xxxxxx
Get-VMGuestNetworkInterface : 18/06/2014 17:34:20    Get-VMGuestNetworkInterfac
e        The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
At line:1 char:28
+ Get-VMGuestNetworkInterface <<<<  test-01v -Guestuser Administrator -Guestpassword xxxxxx
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-VMGuestNetworkInterface],
    ViError
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Client20_VmGuestServiceImpl_UploadFileToGuest_Up
   loadError,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.GetVmGuestNetworkIn
  terface

PowerCLI E:\temp>

I have checked all the prerequisites (latest VM tools etc.) but a bit puzzled on how do i troubleshoot this. I have also tried providing a wrong password and it comes back with an error "Failed to authenticate" which means the authentication is working but a bit puzzled on the 403 error. I am performing this by connecting to the vCenter using Connect-VIserver

Powercli version is - VMware vSphere PowerCLI 5.1 Release 1 build 793510

I have tried this with the Powercli 32 bit as well but the same result.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

R

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kunaludapi
Expert
Expert

It seems to be error related to inventory service. Check below kbs.

VMware KB: VMware vCenter Server 5.0.x search function fails with the error: The server could not in...

VMware KB: Searching the vCenter Server 5.0 Inventory fails with the error: Login to the query servi...

--------------------------------------------------------------- Kunal Udapi Sr. System Architect (Virtualization, Networking And Storage) http://vcloud-lab.com http://kunaludapi.blogspot.com VMWare vExpert 2014, 2015, 2016 If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos