VMware Cloud Community
rxjoseph
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Import Host Customizations and Export Host Customizations via Powercli

Hi Experts

I normally don't ask for Scrips, in this instance i need some help to start with scripting on ESXi host customizations

I have a requirement to export "Host Customizations" from a cluster and once the CSV is downloaded i will change the IP settings and export the Profile 

All i want to change is Change The IPV4 IP address and subnet mask then Export the file  to the cluster. I need to get this automated

I am struggling to find the commands to Import the host customization settings and export the customization to cluster or ESXi host

Can the experts help me please

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

I assume you mean HostProfiles?
If yes, there are the Export-VMHostProfile and  Import-VMHostProfile cmdlets.

The problem might be that updating a HostProfile via such an exported file is not documented (and afaik not supported).

But shouldn't parameters like IP address not be variable, and different for each ESXi node?
With the Invoke-VMHostProfile cmdlet you can provide values for such variables via the Variable parameter

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
rxjoseph
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi LucD

Thanks for getting back to me and appreciate for your time

The one I am looking for is Export Host Customization  and Import Host Customization 

rxjoseph_0-1606402445924.png

Once its Exported I can change the values and i can export it back to the ESXi host in he cluster

rxjoseph_1-1606402548770.png

Please advise

Many thanks

RXJ

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

You use the Export- and Import- cmdlets I mentioned earlier.
But I don't think it will be easy to change values in there.
That format is not documented at all.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos