VMware Cloud Community
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How to schedule vmare healh check report...

Dear Team,

I just want to know how to automate "Health chck report.ps1". automate execution of "Health Check report.ps1"  and send report on email.

regards

Mr VMware

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

MrVmware9423 wrote:

Once i schedule the same via windows schedule task then it will execute the same on set time. is it rite???

Yes you can set it up in windows scheduled tasks to run it every X days at X o'clock.

cai i schedule the same via vcenter server then will it work ???

No, the vCenter Server has no option to run Powershell scripts in it's scheduled tasks. If your vCenter runs on a windows server, you can of course configure the task in the windows task scheduler.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

how about you create a scheduled task on a windows client/server that runs the Powershell Script on a daily/weekly/whatever you like base?

Regards

nielse
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Alan Renouf made a blog post about how to do this: http://www.virtu-al.net/2009/07/10/running-a-powercli-scheduled-task/

@nielsengelen - http://foonet.be - VCP4/5
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Once i schedule the same via windows schedule task then it will execute the same on set time. is it rite???

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

MrVmware9423 wrote:

Yes you can set it up in windows scheduled tasks to run it every X days at X o'clock.

No, the vCenter Server has no option to run Powershell scripts in it's scheduled tasks. If your vCenter runs on a windows server, you can of course configure the task in the windows task scheduler.

Regards

0 Kudos