Expert

How to Install & use VI Toolkit 1.0 and 1.5 both on same computer

How to Install & use VI Toolkit 1.0 and 1.5 both on same computer

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

You can do this with a tool like ThinApp.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
harkamal
Expert
Expert

Can't introduce a new product in environment, just for this purpose. Basically I am looking for a way out for interoperability between VI toolkit v1 and v1.5

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I don't think this is possible without ThinApp or a similar technology.

0 Kudos
SinghSingh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

-

Can you please elaborate on your statement about not being able to introduce new product in the enviornment. Does this mean you do not want to introduce any code into the platform where you want to run both 1.0 1.5 VI Toolkit or does this mean that you cannot make a purchase?

FYI - ThinApp application virtualization as defined by VMware is "not making any changes to the host operating system and is a true zero footprint". I encourage you to follow the advice of Carter & Luc and try ThinApp. You can download a trial version from VMware.com, and build yourself a 1.0 & 1.5 package. You can run these packages from a Thumbdrive and can configure the ThinApp package to keep it's sandbox on the local thumbdrive as well.

Regards,

rajesh singh

0 Kudos
harkamal
Expert
Expert

I managed to reverse engineer vi toolkits and now i am able to use both versions. I will post the solution soon. Stay posted.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds impressive, don't let us down Smiley Happy

0 Kudos