VMware Cloud Community
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How can I get VMware PowerCLI in Sublime Text?

Hey Community Friends!

I was able to get PowerShell setup with color fonts in Sublime text but now I am trying to figure out how to get VMWare PowerClI module. Has anyone had any success with that?

Phillip Balderos VCP6-DCV
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to PowerCLI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure what you are looking for.

PowerCLI is just a set of modules on top of PowerShell.

The same syntax colouring should apply for PowerCLI.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

T

Thanks LucD

When I type PowerShell commands the auto complete shows all options but when I type a PowerCLI command I don't get the same auto complete. For example if I Type Connect-Vi it does not auto complete like with PowerShell. I was wondering how I would import PowerCli module into Sublime Text.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Afaik there is no actual PowerCLI package for auto-completion for Sublime at the moment.

If you want tab completion for all cmdlets in all PowerShell modules, including PowerCLI, you should have a look at VSCode.
PS: that is just a suggestion, I don't want to start a tribal war on Sublime vs VSCode :smileygrin:

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LucD​ Thank you for the suggestions. I'll check out VSCode. Thinking about it, since I am a noob at PowerShell and PowerCLI I should probably not take short cuts and practice typing out full commands :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos