VMware Cloud Community
bmccool
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Host Power Management Settings in vCenter

I'm looking for a way via PowerCLI to tell if the "Properties" link for the power management settings is greyed out.  From VMware and HP's recommendations we make power management settings in the BIOS that in affect cause the "Properties" link to be greyed out.  I need a way to quickly check compliance on all our hosts that this is greyed out.

Since vCenter somehow knows whether to show it greyed out or not there has to be some way to get this from PowerCLI I would imagine, just haven't been able to find it.

I've attached images of a correctly configured host (link greyed out) and a host which isn't configured properly (link not greyed out).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bmccool
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks LucD!  I actually figured a way to do this, which uses the extension data you provided, but the AvailablePolicy option within Capability only shows 1 option if the properites link is disabled and 4 if it isn't so I just took a count of that property to tell if it's disabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Does this do the trick ?

Get-VMHost | Select Name,

@{N='PowerSetting Grayed Out';E={(Get-View -Id $_.ExtensionData.ConfigManager.PowerSystem).Capability -eq $null}}

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

bmccool
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks LucD!  I actually figured a way to do this, which uses the extension data you provided, but the AvailablePolicy option within Capability only shows 1 option if the properites link is disabled and 4 if it isn't so I just took a count of that property to tell if it's disabled.

0 Kudos