VMware Cloud Community
kakollukumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys .Could you please help me on the error i am getting

i am getting below error when i run any commands on PowerCLI /Powershell . Please help me how to resolve this issue .

Note: Internet is blocked in server.

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk\1.0.0.5334677\log4net.dll' or one of its

dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kakollukumar
Contributor
Contributor

Getting below error when i trying to import the modules.

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Administrator \Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk\1.0.0.5334677\log 4net.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) At line:1 char:1 + Import-Module + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~     + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Import-Module], FileLoadE   xception     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FormatXmlUpdateException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Co   mmands.ImportModuleCommand

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Did you follow the instructions in section "Offline Install of PowerCLI to a Computer Without an Internet Connection" in Welcome PowerCLI to the PowerShell Gallery – Install Process Updates?

Also, did you make sure the previous PowerCLI installation (EXE or MSI) was completely removed, before following that section?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
kakollukumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Luc ,

Thanks for your above recommendations . I was loaded the PowerCLI modules in multiple regions which was causing the issue.

I deleted the modules ->uninstalled previous PowerCLI instance followed your above recommendation and it worked perfectly .

Welcome PowerCLI to the PowerShell Gallery - Install Process Updates - VMware PowerCLI Blog - VMware...

0 Kudos