VMware Cloud Community
Travis_83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HVPool command help - finding Pool info.

hi there,

i'm struggling to find out the correct entries to use for outputting the vmware pool settings for number of VDs per pool. I used to have this for get-pool but doesn't register.

something like showing displayname of each pool and next to it have the number of VDs deployed per pool.

im using the get-HVPool command

i tried something like this - (get-hvpool).base (but doesn't give me what i need). Please help.

8 Replies
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

(get-hvpool).base.name will show the name

and the desktopcount is hidden under

(get-hvpool).automateddesktopdata.vmnamingsettings.patternnamingsettings.maxnumberofmachines

see https://vdc-download.vmware.com/vmwb-repository/dcr-public/3721109b-48a5-4ffb-a0ad-6d6a44f2f288/ff45...  for the last one

doing this from the api explorer since I just shut down my lab.

I would recommend doing something like this:

$pools=get-hvpool

$pooldata=@()

foreach ($pool in $pools){

$pooldata+=new-object PSObject -property @{"name" = $pool.base.name;

"maxdesktops"= $pool.automateddesktopdata.vmnamingsettings.patternnamingsettings.maxnumberofmachines;

}

$pooldata

as said the lab is down so can't check it but this should work

Travis_83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks when I try this it outputs the number but not the name of the pool alongside.

I tried - (get-hvpool).base.name.automateddesktopdata.vmnamingsettings.patternnamingsettings.maxnumberofmachines

But that returns nothing.

0 Kudos
Travis_83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

anyone?

I just need pool name, number of desktops.

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

that doesn't work, you need to get them separately or join them like I did in my script.

Travis_83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cheers.

your script works well only thing i cant get to output is the dedicated/manual desktop numbers, i imagine this is different from - automateddesktopdata (anyway to incorporate both?)

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

(I see there's an extra } needed in the script )

manual pools don't have a max number so you need to do a count from get-hvmachine -poolname poolname

0 Kudos
Travis_83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks - i know im asking a bit much now - but is there a way to output this into e-mail.

i've used this in the past but i couldnt get it to work:

$sMail = @{

From =

To =

Subject = 'VD Pool Numbers Monthly Report'

Body = $body

SMTPServer =

BodyAsHtml = $true

}  

Send-MailMessage @sMail

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

you would need to create the complete html for that OR create your own module for the Horizon View vCheck take a look at the other plugins to see how you can build one yourself

GitHub - vCheckReport/vCheck-HorizonView: vCheck for Horizon View

0 Kudos