VMware Cloud Community
salasos3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Get VMs with net adapter not connected

Hi all,

I'm trying to get all the VMs that are "connected" state(to exclude maintenance mode ones) and the "Connect at power on" network adapter setting disabled.

This is what I have but seems to be not working properly Im not getting any result even when I know there are VMs with this setting disabled:

Get-VM | Get-NetworkAdapter | Where-object {($_.ConnectionState.Connected ) -and ($_.ConnectionState.StartConnected -ne "True")}

Any idea?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try something like this

Get-VM |

Where{ Get-NetworkAdapter -VM $_ | Where-object {($_.ConnectionState.Connected ) -and (-not $_.ConnectionState.StartConnected)}} |

Select Name

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try something like this

Get-VM |

Where{ Get-NetworkAdapter -VM $_ | Where-object {($_.ConnectionState.Connected ) -and (-not $_.ConnectionState.StartConnected)}} |

Select Name

salasos3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked fine LucD thanks.

Googling I found another script that I have modified a little bit to get the vcenter name as well:

Get-VM |sort name| Get-NetworkAdapter | Where-object {$_.ConnectionState.StartConnected -ne "True"} |

foreach ($_) {Write-Host $_.Uid.Split('@')[1].Split(':')[0] $_.Parent.Name "("$_.Name") type:" $_.Type "Startconnected:" $_.ConnectionState.StartConnected} |

Export-Csv –append –path H:\Desktop\NetAdapterStartUp.csv -NoTypeInformation -UseCulture

I'm trying to export the output to a CSV file but seems to be not working, I just get an empty .csv

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Foreach statement doesn't place anything on the pipeline.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You could do

Get-VM |Sort-Object -Property name|

Get-NetworkAdapter | Where-object {-not $_.ConnectionState.StartConnected} |

Select @{N='vCenter';E={([uri]$_.Parent.ExtensionData.Client.ServiceUrl).Host}},

@{N='VM';E={$_.Parent.Name}},Name,Type,

@{N='StartConnected';E={$_.ConnectionState.StartConnected}} |

Export-Csv –append –path H:\Desktop\NetAdapterStartUp.csv -NoTypeInformation -UseCulture

salasos3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks man! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos