VMware Cloud Community
SCampbell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Get-TagAssignment -Entity (Get-VDPortGroup) returns "No Provider Error" with PowerCLI 6.5 4624819

Bug?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling PowerCLI.  V6.3 and 6.5 were installed on the same computer but at different times.

Thanks!

---

This works with PowerCLI 6.3 3737840

PowerCLI C:\> Get-VDPortgroup VLAN_xxx_VDS | Get-TagAssignment -Category IPSubnet

Tag                                      Entity

---                                      ------

IPSubnet/1.1.0.0/16                      VLAN_xxx_VDS

With PowerCLI 6.5 4624819, we get the following error.  This seems to be independent of the vCenter server version (fails with V5.1 and V6.0)

PowerCLI C:\> Get-VDPortgroup VLAN_xxx_VDS | Get-TagAssignment -Category IPSubnet

Get-TagAssignment : 2017-01-20 2:59:31 PM    Get-TagAssignment        There is no registered provider that supports the specified UID type.

At line:1 char:32

+ Get-VDPortgroup VLAN_xxx_VDS | Get-TagAssignment -Category IPSubnet

+                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (/VIServer=edc-n...vportgroup-141/:String) [Get-TagAssignment], VimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Sdk_CoreServiceImpl_GetProviderForUid_NoProviderFound,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.Tagging.GetTagAssignment

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Seems to be working for me (PCLI 6.5R1 in vSphere 6.5) most of the time.
Your TagCategory is set to 'All' I guess?

Sometimes I get errors (others than the one you are seeing), but after I do a DisConnect-VIServer/Connect-VIServer, it seems to work again.

tag.png

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos