VMware Cloud Community
DanMSleek
Contributor
Contributor

Get-OMResource - finding related items

Hi All,

We have vRealize Operations Manager and the Management Pack for vCloud Director. One of the things we're trying to get is the ORG_VDC_STORAGE_PROFILE data for particular ORG_VDC items. We can use Get-OMResource to find the resource kinds, but I can't see a method of finding the "Related Objects" (e.g. Get-OMResource -ResourceKind ORG_VDC -name MyOrgVDC, then find the ORG_VDC_STORAGE_PROFILE's related to that resource).

We are specifically looking to get the vRealize Operations Manager OMResource similar to getting them from Get-OMResource command (and specifically the stats related to these objects)

Anyone know how to do that if it's possible?

3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

DanMSleek
Contributor
Contributor

I should have clarified, the information we're interested in is the resources from vRealize Operations Manager (the OMResources). It doesn't seem there's a link from vCloud objects into vRealize OM Resources. I think I've used those (or similar methods) in some of our Metering scripts to obtain OrgVDC storage information before.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, got it.

Information on that is very scarce it seems, I haven't played with this at all.

I did find this thread where someone seems to mention a REST API to get that info.

Perhaps worth a try with Invoke-RestMethod?

See the last reply in  (and yes I know its a VRo thread),  vRealize Orchestrator Forum - VMware {code}

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos