VMware Cloud Community
mustard_tofu
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to get lookup service information. Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi,

I am trying to run commands like Get-Cluster, Get-Datacenter on a vCenter server using Powershell with VMware.PowerCLI modules inside a docker container running a linux image. I am able to connect using "Connect-VIServer " and commands like "Get-vm", "Get-HardDisk" run but commands like  "Get-Cluster",  "Get-Datacenter", "Get-Datastore" give an error of 

- "Failed to get Lookup Service information for this vCenter server. Details: Resource temporarily unavailable'"

Is there a seperate way the "Get-VM" command is executed on the vCenter server when compared to "Get-Cluster"? This error comes up for a few commands, looking for help to solve this issue.

Thanks

These are my configurations -

PowerCLI Version
----------------
VMware PowerCLI 12.1.0 build 17009493
---------------
Component Versions
---------------
VMware Common PowerCLI Component 12.1 build 16997174
VMware Cis Core PowerCLI Component PowerCLI Component 12.1 build 16997582
VMware VimAutomation VICore Commands PowerCLI Component PowerCLI Component 12.1 build 16997984

$PSVersionTable

Name Value
---- -----
PSVersion 7.0.3
PSEdition Core
GitCommitId 7.0.3
OS Linux 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 8 23:39:32 UTC 2018
Platform Unix
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
WSManStackVersion 3.0

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

I suggest you open an SR for this issue.

All the previous mentions in this community of similar issues were never resolved.
Solved: No Lookup service information is available for thi... - VMware Technology Network VMTN

PowerCLI 12.1 - Set-VM revert snapshot error: Requ... - VMware Technology Network VMTN

You might try to use the procedure in Determining the Cause of a Lookup Service Error

T
here have been occasions where the VCSA certificate was causing issues with connecting to the Lookup Service.
But then the message didn't say "Resource temporarily unavailable".
You might try to regenerate the certificates.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos