VMware Cloud Community
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Esxcli help

Hi,

I would like to perform the following using esxcli command.

1. Add vmnics of a host to a existing Distributed Switch (vDS)

2.To create a VMkernel port and attach it to a distributed portgroup on a existing distributed vSwitch

3. Assign ip address, netmask and gateway to VMkernel interface

Please help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

esxcli executed via PowerCLI, or esxcli executed directly on a host via an SSH session or the DCUI?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it will be esxcli executed directly on a host via an SSH session

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the ESXi area as it is not a PowerCLI question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Take a look to VMware Knowledge Base

The esxcli examples comes first and are the preferred one.  I was a fan of the old syntax "esxcfg-vswitch" in the last 10 years.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

I have moved this thread back to the PowerCLI area, and deleted the duplicate you created.

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok. Can anyone please help me with the commands.

0 Kudos